Monday 14 May 2012

Catching up

There is so much to catch up on... where to start??

Well, going back a wee bit, I won this amazing pattern from Shabby Fabrics.  Isn't it stunning!  The pattern is called Vintage Rouge by Bloom Creek.  There is no way in the world that I am ready to tackle anything like this, so it is going into my 'One day...' pile.



And a week or so ago I received this bundle of goodies, having won a giveaway from Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches



A set of her Market Folk gift cards.  (Please excuse the cat's tail!)

Here is Flower Girl


Berries Girl


Apple Pie Girl


and Flutterby Girl


Plus this Owls on a Wire card


 Just as Natalie has done on her blog, I am going to frame these lovelies in simple white frames.  They are too cute to send to somebody else.  They're mine, all mine!


In other news, I have joined up for two new swaps, both being run by Cheryll of Gone Stitchin'.  Firstly the Alphabet Challenge - I think there is probably still time to join this one.  Here's the link with the details http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.co.nz/p/alphabet-challenge.html. Here are the basic guidelines I've copied straight from Cheryll's blog (I hope that's okay!)

 A partner "post finish" and a secret swap too.
I will issue a challenge to come up with 5 items, each one starting with a specific letter of the alphabet, suggested by me each time. Items can be purchased but some will be handmade. Some will only be small while others more thoughtful. You will have 3 weeks to complete the challenge and after you have all the items together, you MUST post a pic on your blog to enter (if you don't own a blog-email me a photo). .. and then email me.  I will then allocate a partner for you to mail to.
* Unknown partner at time of challenge... allocated AFTER finish.
* Challenge issued several times thru the year on the 1st of the month.
* Handmade and purchased items will be needed.
* Challenge completed within 3 weeks... ie... by the 22st of relevant month



 This month's letter is A.   I'm not quite done with my challenge yet -my apron has a little bit of detail on it, which is taking some time.  I'm happy with how it's coming along, I think it will look great when it's done.

The second swap is a 12 inch Mini Club, details here: http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.co.nz/p/12-inch-mini-club.html.  The first mini is due 15 June and the theme is WELCOME.  I have chosen the fabrics already, but I can't start until the apron is finished.  Ooh, the pressure is on!!

Last, but not least, I can now show you what I sent to Shez of Enjoying Life.  I hope Shez doesn't mind me 'borrowing' the photos from her blog, but I forgot to take photos before I sent the parcel.  So here is what Shez received:

This stitchery was a freebie from Hugs and Kisses.  I just love it!


A couple of egg cosies



A couple of fat quarters and a metre of gingham ribbon/trim


I so enjoyed this swap.  Thank you again Shez for my wonderful gifts, and thank you to Kathy for organising the swap.  Great job!

Are you still here????  Wow, that was one monster post!  Sorry about that.  I'll try to spread things out a little in future.

Have a great week!
Helen



2 comments:

  1. lovely post Helen,sorry i meant to send the pics over to you,oops forgot.
    Congrats on those lovely wins,those cards are so cute Helen.I absolutely love my swap goodies Helen thankyou so much ,it was a fun swap and i made a lovely friend which was the best part.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swap items. I also won a set of those cards, they are so pretty in real life and like you I am also framing mine :o) hugs

    ReplyDelete